VOMI RESEARCH| Case Studies
We assemble an interdisciplinary Working Group of 12 members to conduct case studies on a
select number of International Circle Member companies; in order to address,
complex instances of in a
member's organization. The working group's study is carried out over a period of 12 months and
published in 2 versions: an edited
version of the results of the group's learning, experience, and valuable insights are made
available online to all Executive and International Circle members;
complete and confidential results of
the group's findings are made available strictly to members of the working group.
The 12-member Working Group is made up of:
- 6 corporate
International Circle Members consisting of:
- up to 2 members selected from Case Study Company
- 4-5 other participating members -
- 5 VOMI Research Team Members
- 1 VOMI Faculty Member serving as Working Group Advisor
Admission to a Working Group is subject to broad consideration which addresses the needs of all parties for:
- disclosure of conflicts of interest;
- security considerations;
- intellectual property safeguards; and
- commonality of purpose and shared interests
Minimum individual admission requirements are as follows:
- Each external working group member must be an
International Circle Member
- Register for
Case Study Application form below.
- Interview with the Working Group Selection Committee for consideration and approval.
- International Circle Membership seniority status. Seniority is based on length of membership.
Participation is restricted to one working group membership over a 3-year period. Accrual
of the 3-year period begins on the termination date of the last case study.
- Approval letter from corporate human resources or immediate supervisor, affirming eligibility for
participation, and giving date of final approval.
- Minimum time commitment over a 12-month period.
- Strong presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Solid applied technical, scientific, or marketing research skills.
- Team Player with ability to achieve consensus through technical collaboration
in a virtual environment.
- Must have excellent WRITTEN and verbal communication skills.
- All international members are required to be present in the United States in
order to participate.
- Working Group Member Participation Fee (excluding VOMI Research Sabbatical team members):
. Due upon notification
of selection of placement on the working group waiting list.
- A unique executive virtual organization management education experience.
- Knowledge of world-class, state-of-the-art, virtual organization management evaluation techniques
- Access to the world's leading and only global network of industry executives, professional
academics, and research team engaged in all aspects of the virtual organization management
- Develop strong bonds with fellow colleagues in the virtual organization management industry
during the 12-month period that will last a lifetime.
- Career Enhancement and Organization Transformation knowledge that will have a direct effect on
their career and organization's bottom line.
- Must be a Research
Sponsor or MNC (Multinational Corporation) with one or more
International Circle members; Research Sponsors will be given priority consideration.
- Must be nominated by an
International Circle Member--a member may only nominate their employer of record--
Case Study Application form below.
- Submit a very detailed outlining
current challenges and expected outcomes from the case study, if selected.
- Has a sizeable part-time and/or full-time telecommuting workforce;
- Makes frequent use of remote teams, global teams, distributed teams, and virtual teams;
- Has made relatively modest investments in web-based collaboration tools
and a virtual infrastructure;
- Currently experiencing challenges, or seeks assistance, in managing a virtual workforce;
- Seeks to develop best-next practices,
policies, and procedures for operating in a virtual environment;
- And wants to gain instant exposure to practical application of the modern virtual
organization management discipline.
- Case Study Participation Fee:
- A comprehensive, independent assessment and evaluation of their virtual organization infrastructure
over a 12-month period.
- Application of world-class, state-of-the-art, virtual organization management evaluation techniques.
- Access to VOMI's global network of industry executives, professional academics, and research team
engaged in various aspects of the virtual organization management discipline.
- Specific recommendations for making the transition from Virtual Chaos or Instability to Virtual Organization
Management; and to accelerate the company's virtual organization growth and evolution.
- Constructive feedback from senior managers and directors of participating companies; our research
team made up of mid-career faculty Ph.D.s., industry executives and Postdocs on sabbatical
research leave; and VOMI faculty.