VOMI RESEARCH | Case Studies
We assemble an interdisciplinary Working Group of 12 members to conduct case studies on a
select number of Global 5000 companies; in order to address,
from a Virtual Organization standpoint,
complex instances of in a
client's organization. Virtual Organization Infrastructure Development and Management Solutions recommendation -
and implementation assistance - are then provided in order to complete the circle.
The working group's mandate is carried out over a period of 12 months and
published in 2 versions: an edited
version of the results of the group's learning, experience, and valuable insights are made
available online to VOMI members and stakeholders;
complete and confidential results of the group's findings are made available strictly to the client and
members of the working group.
The 12-member Working Group is made up of:
- 4 members selected from Case Study Client Organization
- 2 VOMI Postdoctoral Virtual Organization Fellows
- 2 VOMI Research Sabbatical Members (Mid-career Faculty of a university on paid sabbatical leave at VOMI)
- 4 VOMI Global Think Tank and Advisory Board Members (Think Tank Research members:: 1 industry member selected from
each of the following committees: Global Virtual Organization Infrastructure, Social Media, Public Policy, and Education)
- Plus 1 VOMI Faculty Member serving as Working Group Advisor
Admission to a Working Group is subject to broad consideration which addresses the needs of all parties for:
- disclosure of conflicts of interest;
- security considerations;
- intellectual property safeguards; and
- commonality of purpose and shared interests.
Minimum working group member admission requirements are as follows:
- Interview with the Working Group Selection Committee for consideration and approval.
- Each working group member of Case Study Client Organization must be available on a
full-time basis and will report directly to the VOMI faculty member
(Working Group Advisor) during the entire case study 12-month period.
- With the exception of Research Sabbatical members (university faculty members on sabbatical leave), a time commitment
of 12 months is also required of all other working group members.
- For Research Sabbatical faculty members only: Approval letter from the university human resources
department, affirming eligibility of faculty member for paid sabbatical leave, and giving date of final approval.
- Strong presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Must have excellent WRITTEN and verbal communication skills.
- Solid applied technical, scientific, or marketing research skills.
- Team Player with ability to achieve consensus through technical collaboration
in a virtual organization environment.
- Depending on a country's geographic location and internet infrastructure, certain international (non-USA) members may
be required to be present in the United States or other Western nation in order to participate.
- A priceless introduction to bona fide virtual organizations and
The New Virtual Organization World from the world's leading and only authority on virtual organizations and
the virtual organization management discipline.
- A unique executive virtual organization management experience.
- Knowledge of world-class, state-of-the-art, virtual organization management evaluation techniques.
- Access to the world's leading and only global network of industry executives, professional
academics, and research team engaged in all aspects of the virtual organization management
- Develop strong bonds with fellow colleagues in the virtual organization management industry
during the 12-month period that will last a lifetime.
- Membership in a global, small and very elite group of virtual organization executives.
- Career Enhancement and Organization Transformation knowledge that will have a direct effect on
your career and organization's bottom line.
- A comprehensive, independent assessment and evaluation of their existing virtual organization infrastructure.
- Application of world-class, state-of-the-art, virtual organization management evaluation techniques.
- Specific recommendations for making the transition from Virtual Chaos or Instability to Virtual Organization
Management; and to accelerate the company's virtual organization growth and evolution.
- Expert guidance on development of a "bona fide" virtual organization blueprint; experiential training, mentoring,
and professional consultation on virtual organization implementation over a 12-month period.
- Access to the founder of VOMI and VOMI's exclusive network of academics, scholars, and global think tank researchers and board members
conducting research on virtual organizations and the virtual organization management discipline.
- Constructive feedback from working group members.
- A Global 5000 company or equivalent.
- Has a sizable part-time and/or full-time telecommuting workforce;
- Makes frequent use of remote teams, global teams, distributed teams, and virtual teams;
- Has made relatively modest investments in web-based collaboration tools
and a virtual infrastructure;
- Currently experiencing challenges, or seeks assistance, in managing a virtual workforce;
- Seeks to develop best-next practices,
policies, and procedures for operating in a virtual and 100% virtual organization
- And wants to gain instant exposure to practical application of the modern virtual
organization management discipline.
- Case Study Application. Submit your Case Study
Application for review and immediate consideration.
- Case Study Client Consideration Videoconference. Upon receipt of your Case Study Application, we will schedule
an interview with your Chief Learning Officer (or equivalent acting on behalf of the Prospective Client) in order to gain a thorough
understanding of your organization's virtual organization challenges; go over all aspects of the Case Study Program;
specific rules of engagement; and Case Study Client approval consideration.
- Notification of Preliminary Case Study Client Approval. Upon successful conclusion of case study
client approval consideration, your organization will receive notification of preliminary case study client approval
along with detailed instructions on how to proceed.
- Notification of Formal Case Study Client Approval. Upon successful completion of all case study client
approval consideration matters, VOMI will send your organization a formal Case Study Client Approval notice subject to
execution of Case Study Agreement and receipt in full of the Client Case Study fee.
- Case Study Fee :: USD $1.5MM :: Terms: Due and payable
in full upon execution of Case Study Agreement.
Click here to submit your application.